What is Fertility Reflexology / Reproflexology
Reproflexology is for for aiding fertility and it is also for hormonal health. Hormones are key for woman’s health however they affect the the mind and emotions. When a woman undergoes a stressful phase in her life, her hormone levels go out of sync which can cause extra stress on both and woman find themselves in this vicious cycle. So it is key for woman to recognise when her stress levels so that she prevents her to this negative spiral.
So how can reproflexology help? Reflexology consists of specific reflex points that aid hormonal balance and focuses on the reproductive reflexes on the feet. This helps the body restore balance and the homeostasis which is lost after a period of prolonged stress. Arty’s training has taught her specific protocols for the following ailments. In addition Arty always goes on additional training to keep her skills up to date.
- Regulating the menstrual cycle
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Ovarian Cysts
There has been some research carried out in reference to woman’s health which has demonstrated that reflexology helps with the below
- Reduction of intensity and duration of menstrual pain¹
- Improvement of sleep and psychological ratings associated with PMS²
- Reduction of anxiety³
Statistics indicate that one in six couples face issues when trying for a baby and these numbers are increasing. The reason for this is often due to the frustration woman find themselves in of not been giving the specific cause of the infertility. They are often told it is unexplained fertility and they should relax. Many woman have found that the ancient art of reflexology can make a difference and help reduce their stress. Many woman believe that regular treatments helped them become pregnant. Arty has trained with Barbara Scott who is the founder of Seren Natural Fertility and the author of the best selling book Reflexology for Fertility. This training involves certain protocols that can be used alongside natural conception as well as assisted reproduction such as IVF, ICSI and ICU.
Reflexology has the effect of enhancing fertility by improving blood circulation throughout the body, and encouraging the elimination of toxins. By applying pressure on different points on the feet (such as the ovary reflex and fallopian tube reflex and uterus reflex), therapists claim that they can unblock energy pathways in the body, helping to regain the body’s natural balance and heal itself. Balancing the endocrine system through the feet can have a positive effect on balancing hormone levels and regulating menstrual cycles.
Arty is also a member of the Association of Reproductive Reflexologists. This association was launched in 2011 with the aim to promote the best practice within fertility reflexology. One of the objectives of the association is to conduct clinical research within the area of the effectives of reflexology with infertility issues.
- Comparing the effects of reflexology methods and Ibuprofen administration on dysmenorrhea in female studies of Isfahan University of Medical Sciences. Mahboubeh Valiani, Elahe Babei, Reza Heshmat, and Zahra Zare Iranian Jornal of Nursing and Midwifery Research 2010 Dec, 15 (Suppl 1): 371-8
- Randomized Controlled Study of Premenstrual Symptoms Treated With Ear, Hand and Foot Reflexology. OBSTERICS AND GYNECOLOGY – NEW YORK Oleson, T. Flocco, W 1993 VOL 82; NUMBER 6, page (s) 906
- Evaluation of anxiety, salivary cortisol and melatonin secretion following reflexology treatment; A pilot study in healthy individuals AJ. Mc Vicar, C.R. Greenwood, F, Fewell, V. D’Arcy, S. Chandrasekharan and LC. Aldridge Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice 2007 VOL 13; NUMBER 3, page(s) 137-145